Reply To: New Synergy Marine OK in build
I thought it was about time I got this thread back to the top. As promised here is an update on the build of the first Synergy Marine OK. Last week we finished the hull shell (less transom and bulkheads). We decided to release the hull from the mould without the bulkheads as I had heard that they had difficulties getting the original hulls out having put all the bulkheads in. Thankfully, our mould release was very good and after 20 minutes of coaxing – out it popped. Even without the bulkheads and transom the shell is very light (classified at the moment) and stiff. Attached are a few photos of the hull shell so far. The green is the remnants of the release agent that we used.
The shell is now back in the mould ready for the next stage of building. Various urgent repair jobs have delayed the build this week but next week I intend to have the bulkheads, centreboard case and mast step glued in place and will then start planning to put the decks on.
Thanks to everyone who has helped in terms of advice and measurements on mast step positions!
[attachment=2:2vbpasqo] IMG_2484.JPG [/attachment:2vbpasqo]
[attachment=1:2vbpasqo] IMG_2491.JPG [/attachment:2vbpasqo]
[attachment=0:2vbpasqo] IMG_2495.JPG [/attachment:2vbpasqo]