Brightlingsea Training Weekend
22nd March 2017 at 5:17pm #17258
Following on from last year, Brightlingsea sc has very kindly offered to host us again for a training weekend over the 22/23rd of April. Itinerary for the weekend has yet to be finalised but it will follow the same lines as last year with the emphasis on set-up, boatspeed and handling. (if you want to know which way to go, ask someone else!)
If we meet at a reasonable 10:00 on the saturday, we can get as much measuring and general bimbling out the way as possible and get out on the water for some practice. Sunday will be a chance to make any alterations to set up followed by lots and lots and lots of windy gybing practice!! Maybe throw in some short, sharp races!
Please bear in mind that the club will not be providing any safety cover for us so it will be very much your own decision whether to go out. If the forecast is looking a bit naughty then we’ll take a late decision to cancel.
The club hasn’t asked for any fees but I think it would be good if we all contributed £5 per day towards the club’s funds. I’m sure they’ll also make a few quid over the bar!!
Anyone that’s interested just add your name here and let me know which day’s you want to do
Dave22nd March 2017 at 7:29pm #17260AndyMParticipant
Damn. You have gone gone and chosen the weekend I can’t do. Will see if I can sort one day.
andy30th March 2017 at 1:00pm #17296
I hope to be there for one if not both days. Nick Craig might make the Sunday30th March 2017 at 4:38pm #17297
Rodney Tidd will be there for the weekend and Steve Cooke for just the sunday……..oh, and me!!30th March 2017 at 4:40pm #17298
And Robert C-G is coming…….to buy me beer!!2nd April 2017 at 8:27pm #17301
Looks like Keith will be there for the weekend too3rd April 2017 at 11:47am #17302
I will be there for both days too.13th April 2017 at 5:54pm #17324
So at the moment looks like 5 or 6 for the Saturday and maybe a couple more on Sunday…..no idea on the forecast as yet16th April 2017 at 6:19am #17333
Forecast for next weekend looks pretty damn perfect at the moment!! F3 on the Saturday with a nice F4, maybe touching 5, on the sunday……….can’t wait!!17th April 2017 at 11:31am #17337RodneytiddParticipant
Sorry……… I won’t be able to make it. No boat!21st April 2017 at 10:36am #17366
Looking at the forecast for the weekend and it don’t look great!!
Saturday, sailing time, will be around 6 knots and dropping, (on the ebb)
Sunday, sailing time, will be around 4 knots and dropping, again on the ebb. At the moment i’m probably going to cancel the training unless something miraculous happens within the next 6 hours.
I’ll keep you all informed
Dave21st April 2017 at 5:31pm #17369
I’ve invoked the “can walk faster than i can sail” rule and so with regret, the training at Brightlingsea has been cancelled.
Hopefully we’ll organise something else for the slack period between Weymouth and the Europeans,
…Dave21st April 2017 at 5:57pm #17370
Thanks for the update Dave – I think probably a good decision based on the forecast!21st April 2017 at 7:16pm #17371AndyMParticipant
only bit of good news from my point of view – not ideal from yours – is that a training weekend in the quiet period would be great. Would even head to Stokes having sailed the old boat in the harbour on Easter Sunday in a force 5 with wind over tide. Bloody hard work uphill and terrifying down (still recovering). 2 gybes executed one of which nearly scalped the old goat.
See you in Holland
Andy23rd April 2017 at 8:18am #17373
I think I can sail faster than walking today damned shame
- The forum ‘Gossip – View only’ is closed to new topics and replies.