Personal Sail Numbers…
Personal Sail Numbers purchased from the British Class Association
Due to a recent event it has been thought necessary to clarify certain matters regarding Personal Sail Numbers (PSN’s) being used by Members.
- PSN’s may be purchased by members from the association at a cost of £25 each.
- The PSN remains the property of the member during their membership period.
- Upon ceasation of membership the PSN returns to the ownership of the association without reimbursement.
- The association may resell any returned PSN’s.
- The PSN may be used by the owning member on any OK hull they are sailing.
- Upon sale of a boat or sail with a PSN attached the seller should, if possible, remove the personal sail number from any sails being sold and replace them with the sail number that is engraved on the hull and appears on the measurement form.
- If this is not possible then the seller must inform the purchaser that the PSN remains the property of the seller and should not be used. Any sails used by a non PSN holding member should display the sail number that appears on the measurement form.